The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

I have seen a lot of different ratio for PMDD fertilizer. Could you please advise me most suitable ratio ?? and I am confused some dont use KH2PO4 and some use.:|

MgSO4 - ??g/l
K2SO4 - ??g/l
CaNO3 - ??g/l (KNO3 is banned in my country)
KH2PO4 - ??g/l

CSM+B- ??g/l

my tank (22g) is newly set up and what will be suitable dosage (ml per g?)

Please feel free to advise as I am a newbie to PMDD.

Regards,
Lynn

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
PMDD is an outdated method of dosing (the original recipe as described by Sears and Conlin omitted phosphates).

PPS-Pro and EI are more recent regimens that you can take a look into, depending on your needs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently I am dosing PPS Pro for my 22g Tank (2 T5 Tubes, 2l DIY CO2). As I cannot get KNO3 in Singapore, I use CaNO3 instead. Since KNO3 is not used, potassium is mixing and what should i do for that?? I do dose K2SO4 as per PPS pro recipe. Do I need to dose additional ferts to get Potassium? Please help and thanks in advance .

Sorry I couldn't provide my water parameter as I do not have any kind of test kit.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Using calcium nitrate may raise the hardness of your water unnecessarily, so I would be careful (you may need to use a bit of RO or distilled water instead).

As you are losing a bit of potassium, you can always increase the amount of potassium sulfate added.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Using calcium nitrate may raise the hardness of your water unnecessarily, so I would be careful (you may need to use a bit of RO or distilled water instead).

As you are losing a bit of potassium, you can always increase the amount of potassium sulfate added.
Really appreciated for the advise ..If i dose higher K2SO4 , is there any effect on water parameter cos of Sulphate??

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Really appreciated for the advise ..If i dose higher K2SO4 , is there any effect on water parameter cos of Sulphate??
I would not worry about the excess sulfate you are dosing; by the time it reaches toxic levels, you will have other problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.