The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi aquaspot world, i thought the one on the back left was b.aubertii,if the one on the back right is aubertii as well why do they have diff. colors since the're both growing in the same tankdont they should have the same colors and same height.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree w/MrWalls. It appeared to be a Val. to me as well. The vals I had growing so well for awhile looked just like that. Had to give them haircuts every few days to keep enough light in the tank. It'll be interesting to see what others think. Where did you get the plant? Just curious.
Pretty tank btw.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will post some single pics. once i uprooted this plant. i dought that its some sort of val. coz of its rosette ,and it doesnt gives out runner.and instead it gives u flower like other blyxa sp. that i have which are the aubertii and jap.ill post some pic. tomm.thanks again

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here it is

no runners like some val.sp. that i have in my other tank

tell me what u think pls.btw i got this plant in a bad shape it looked a lot like a japonca that didnt see a ligh for 2 weeks thats why i thought it was a b. japonica.but now i dont know

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have C.Helfery and its roots is a lot thicker and harder im sure its not it,although if u kook at it in this pics. it does look like ch. i wish u guys can touch its leaves unlike c. helfery this one has really soft leaves

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think it's a val of some kind. there are so many, who knows what kind.
the little white "wrinkle" stripes on the leaves give it away.
all my vals have that. they won't send runners all the time, unless they are really happy, and if they're flowering, they may not send runners.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
IMO it's a type of Blyxa. The leaves do not look like those of vals...they seem to have a vein running down the center which I haven't noticed in vals, and the flowers resemble Blyxa flowers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol... Mr. Walls. if i send u 5 to 6 plants there would nothing left for me coz the pictures that in the pics. only consist 6 to 7 plants ,they r that big.they shows the same characteritics as the aubertii only bigger and having a green color.btw i got this at a local fish store that imported it some where in asia.ill try to find out but this would be a bit hard coz they close down about 2 months ago.all im sure of is this is not any val. spc.thanks again

·
Banned
560 Posts
lol... Mr. Walls. if i send u 5 to 6 plants there would nothing left for me coz the pictures that in the pics. only consist 6 to 7 plants ,they r that big.they shows the same characteritics as the aubertii only bigger and having a green color.btw i got this at a local fish store that imported it some where in asia.ill try to find out but this would be a bit hard coz they close down about 2 months ago.all im sure of is this is not any val. spc.thanks again
Well in any case I want at least one if you can spare the one. What about the one you ripped up? I would love to have it. LMK

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.