The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that this has been discussed somewhere before. Is there any plant that a common pleco will not chow down on? I have some Java Fern in the tank that I just moved Pleck to, and I'm wondering if it is safe, or if I should find a new home for it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Common plecos with thrash and much on just about anything and not really suitable for a planted tank.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My little 1.5" pleco sucked the life out of my java ferns in a couple of days and were all skeletons. I kindly gave him to a friend who just has a pair of angels and he's happy now. Got myself an otto instead.
I thought nothing touched java fern, I was wrong.

Kara

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll be finding a new home for the fern. Should I put in some more rock or driftwood instead?

And, while I'm asking about Pleck, would everyone be okay if I put in a small red tail shark or couple young Convicts? It's a 10g (temporary until I move in May). Pleck is only about 2".

Off to find some "french cut" green beans for Pleck and the Plecklettes (my 3 BNs)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out Planet Catfish for the Anscitrilus (?) species.

I have an L144 Lemon Plec and it doesnt bother the plants at all....the bog wood however is another story :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts