The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pulling my hair tonight, i came from work. And decided to reset my gla pro se regulator. To see if my tank is empty or the gauge stuck. My gauge is reading the same as i got it back in december when i got this tank. Originally i had co2art. And then i switched later on to gla pro se. Eveb after the rest of the regulator my co2 reading the same.... i attach pictures at the bottom. I even weighted the tank on a scale and it was 17.5 minus the regukator thats like 14-15 lb. So how do i know if my tank is empty or not?

Now heres the second issue while assembling the regulator. I assembled everything. Everything was shut. So i opend the tank. I adjusted the working pressure. And i opened the bubble counter. And my pressure dropped to 0 and i lost the bubbles. After messing around the pressure is holding again. I want an explanation to that as well. As this regulator never lost pressure.

Heres a picture of my co2art when i gkt the tank brand new.
Gauge Automotive design Gas Automotive tire Automotive lighting

And heres a current picture with gla pro se.
Motor vehicle Speedometer Light Vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
28 Posts
From what I can see, it looks like both of your pictures show 700psi of pressure in your tank which means you have CO2. In my experience, once the needle begins to move, the tank is empty pretty quick. Depending on your flow rate and tank size your CO2 could last several months before having to refill the tank. As to your other question regarding losing pressure, I am unsure what happened there.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
See chart, post 5

As to your second issue.....??? Hard to say briefly unopen/ stuck solenoid. Stuck check valve in bc..

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Hi @charbel101

First of all @nickfontenotrn is correct; a CO2 tank will maintain +/- 800 PSI (mostly depending upon ambient temperature) until it is about 80% drained....it is during the last 20% that the tank pressure gauge will start to drop.

I never adjust the output pressure of the regulator. I set it for 25 psi +/- 5 psi and that is where it stays. If I am running more than one aquarium off of my tank I will increase the output pressure about 5 psi for each additional aquarium I am running off of the system. If I need to adjust the CO2 level in the aquarium I use the needle valve.....not the output pressure.

Lastly @jeffkrol is likely correct. If the co2 stopped flowing but the output pressure was good it is likely the solenoid closed. Hope this helps! -Roy

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 2nd issue maybe something got stuck in the regulator itself and when you fiddled with the pressure it it increases pressure to dislodge the blockage. Fine particles of dirt can get in. You can pull the regulator apart and clean it, or disconnect the needle valve and turn working pressure right up and blast a bit of gas out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts