The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every water change, I am finding more and more of my java moss wrapped around all my other plants and substrate. I am getting tired of this plant. :mad:

What started off as a novel idea of a moss wall is turning into a pain in the butt to maintain. There is no easy way to trim it without pieces going all over the rest of the aquarium.

My ADF's love perching themselves in the netted wall to hang out at the surface for lazy air time, and occasionally the shrimp will hang on to it. But other than that, I am seriously thinking of taking it all out and maybe replacing it with Xmas moss.

Is there really any reason to keep this stuff?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nope. I used to like mine but it's since turned into a stringy mess. IMO there are much nicer mosses out there. I keep some in my shrimp tank but that's it now.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I keep my moss wall so that it comes out easy, It comes out I trim it and they fall into a container and I dump the trimmings into my shrimp tanks and get more moss from it. Mine is rather easy I think, I like to clean behind it to as it builds up some gunk lol

I have found chrismas moss and even flame moss is better than Java, Java is a pain as you say and takes forever to grow into what I consider to look good.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
For a long time I couldn't keep any moss alive. Then I got some Java and it actually grew. That was fantastic. It even started spreading a little, which was awesome. But then it decided it didn't want to grow anymore, grrr...
So I covered it in other moss, and that seems to be doing good. :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts