The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should've waited for the plants to fill in but .. what do you guys think of the hardscape layout, and driftwood from a scale of 1-10?? I created the shape of the driftwood out of manzy branches zip tied I'm thinking of adding some nana petites to cover the bindings also i know all the equipment is quite an eye sore but ill end up removing the hob filter and eheim soon and the hygrophila will soon grow and cover the plumbed intake and outtake. I'll post more pics when it fills in tank is 3 weeks in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
As a scape, 2/10.

The wood and rocks are oddly/unnaturally arranged. You should place the bottom of the branches closer to the right front corner so that it helps create depth. The rocks should be placed somewhere near the middle.

The choice of foreground plant is too tall. Something shorter such as a combination of E. parvula and Glossostigma elantinoides would look better. Background needs tall stem plants like a green Rotala such as "green" or "Ceylon". You can use Java fern for the midground and moss on the wood to create help soften the transition from wood to plants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.