The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have 20gallon long shrimp tank is been running for 5 months. I have mixed shrimp in it. (RCS, CRS, yellow and Cardina hetropoda). The soil is ADA Amozonia Powder and have plants and moss in it.

My Issue is the bug I found recently it is very tiny but there is lot in it.

Please identify and tell me the cure. otherwise I have to rescue the shrimp and dump the entire setup.

Please help me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
All those things at the side are bugs? No idea what they are, but on a note, you shouldn't keep reds and yellows together, they crossbred and produce wild-brown-grey colors and mostly see through.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've never seen that many bugs in a tank before, not an expert but id say ur gonna have to dump the tank cause even if u use a chemical to treat ur gonna have a massive amount of dead bugs. I think I saw another thread about this same thing happening ada amozonia. But don't take my word.for it wait and see what everyone else says.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Ostracods. Put some cory catfish in there. They'll eat the little guys up while leaving your shrimp unharmed for the most part.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Try the cories and don't feed until you see them starting to disappear. Your shrimp won't starve. I know because I leave my shrimp for about 3 weeks yearly without food while I'm on winter break.

The large population just means you've been feeding enough to allow them to build up to those levels. I've dealt with these before in a shrimp tank and cories are the way to go. Don't get any of the pygmy or dwarf cories either. Get a small group of the normal sized ones.

Do you really want to tear down a tank? Too much effort IMO.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Oh my god... that is a lot of bugs. Imagine the population of that throughout the tank if there's 100's in that picture >.>

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
"Some ostracods have a light organ in which they produce luminescent chemicals. Most use the light as predation defense, while some use the light for mating (only in the Caribbean). In Malaysia, these ostracods are called "blue sand" and glow blue in the dark at night."

that would be cool to see!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.