The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have had my 29 gallon up and running for about 6 months. I have acquired plants from many places friends forum and lps. Now I am just trying to figure out what plants I do have in my tank :) thanks for any input!!

This plant here was sold to me as dwarf sag. I was thinking it was dwarf so super small but some of the leafs are a good 5 inches long? Could it be dwarf sag but and it's just looking for light? I do run 3 t5HO on there so it's hard for me to believe.

This plant here I think is hygrophila corambosa or something like that? Grows super bushy and is a very large plant lime green leafs.

This one here was sold to me at a lps as "blue hygro" but as it grows in a submerged environment the more it looks like the hygro corambosa.

Here is the whole tank!!

The tank is 29g
3 t5ho bulbs 8 hours a day.
Regular ei dosing
Eco complete sub
Super rock hard water so water changes are done with 50/50 RO/tap

Any thoughts questions or advice is welcome! Happy holidays!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
the one you think/was sold as dwarf sag is prob just that. it looks like it to me. one thing i have noticed with mine is that depending on the substrate and light depends on how tall it gets. i no longer keep it in tanks with high light it got tall. and i only use it in tanks with gravel cause when i had it in sand it got really tall on me too. odd little plant but it does not hurt it to cut it hehe i just mowed the lawn in my daughters 5 gal the other day lol

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
The second plant looks like Green Temple Narrow Leaf (Hygrophilia Corymbosa 'Siamensis') which, as the name implies, has slightly narrower and longer leaves then the regular Green Temple (Hygrophilia Corymbosa). The 'Siamensis' is also about 1/2 of the size of the regular Hygro and would have grown out of your tank by now.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I can never tell the difference between some of the H. corymbosa varieties, especially stricta and siamiese. And both of those look similar to compact when they are of similar hight. I need a guide lol

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I can never tell the difference between some of the H. corymbosa varieties, especially stricta and siamiese. And both of those look similar to compact when they are of similar hight. I need a guide lol
$5 gets you a guide :)

Size of the plant and the leaf shape are the easiest differentiators.
[wow, thats a big word]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.