The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help IDing a couple of plants I've had for a while. Forgot the names.

This stem. I have no idea. It gets really pink under high light.
submerged...
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
emersed...
[/URL][/IMG]

And this crypt...is it wendtii 'Brown'? It's more brown in person then in the pics.

[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I agree with the wendtii mi oya and rotala rotundifola. I have both. Though I admit your pics of the rotala look slightly more rounded than mine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first one is Rotala macrandra.

Second is probably C. beckettii
http://crypts.home.xs4all.nl/Cryptocoryne/Gallery/bec/bec.html
After looking at a ton of pics online I agree. Thank you. Thanks for that link too.

The pic of the stem plant might be deceiving. It was hard to get a good pic, they're buried in the back of the tank. The leaves of the stem plant are short and wide. Biggest leaves are maybe an inch long, can't really see the veins. I believe R. macandra is correct.

The crypt doesn't have that really wrinkled look of wendtii. I thought it might have been undulata after looking at more pics but I can't tell the difference between beckettii and undulata. I'll go with becketti. ;)

Thanks everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.