The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
It's hard to tell, that anubias has a lot of deficiencies. I'd suspect its anubias barteri or anubias barteri var. nana (typically just called anubias nana).

·
Registered
5,741 Posts

These are two coffefolia I got from someone removing their collection, they had very bad nitrate deficiencies (new growth is healthier but obviously a slow growing plant). Notice the darker color and lines/ripples in the leaves (not the edges) that coffefolia... yours doesn't have that, just nitrate (and probably some other) deficiencies.
I'd contact the seller and demand a refund, even if it was the species you ordered.. unless it was free (only pay shipping), I wouldn't accept it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
@aquaarora, default
Thank you very much, but that seller is insisting that its coffeefolia and he is telling me to wait for new leaves to appear.
The new leaves should sprout with a dark yellow/brown colour which looks like "coffee", but the rhizome is a good indicator that it's not coffeefolia, it would be much darker and have hints of red - even with the most extreme deficiencies.
The deep grooves on the leaves should also be visible even with deficiencies.
I hope you didn't pay much for it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.