The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered water wisteria on line the plant looked ok. Here is what happened I had a family emergency and while I was gone my plant arrived well my sister seen it said keep cool on the box and put it in the refrigerator it stayed there for 4 days freezing. I've attached a pic of whats left. My question is do you think it might pull through or am I wasting my time and hope?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I ordered water wisteria on line the plant looked ok. Here is what happened I had a family emergency and while I was gone my plant arrived well my sister seen it said keep cool on the box and put it in the refrigerator it stayed there for 4 days freezing. I've attached a pic of whats left. My question is do you think it might pull through or am I wasting my time and hope? View attachment 1026254
He's dead Jim.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I see one or two nodes that might come back, though hard to tell from the pic. You could try removing the stuff that is absolutely mush and see if what's left puts out any shoots, but I think you'd be better off just ordering more.

I can't believe she put it in the fridge. Omg. If I had any of it myself, I'd offer to post you a stem in condolence.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Wisteria is pretty damned resilient. Are there any segments that feel firm, including 2 nodes? If so, you may be able to coax it to send out a leaf by getting it into mostly soil with high light. You can even cheat a bit, and plant one end of a firm node into some very wet mud, and let it get direct sunlight. You'll be able to tell in a day or two if it has any life left in it

·
Registered
120G planted, 10G breeder
12 Posts
Condolences...
Be aware though - most plants that are grown/sold for the hobby via your LFS are immersed. If so, they will ‘melt’ regardless when submerged as the plant changes cell structure to adapt to its new environment. Don’t be surprised if this happens with your replacement, just leave it and it should naturally regenerate on its own...
Maybe also consider getting/trading plants with other aquarists that have plants that are grown submerged and already adapted... and don’t be afraid to ask questions of your supplier...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.