The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
snail fell out of his tank and has a rather large break in his shell! Any thoughts what might be a good recovery option if there is any hope of saving him at all!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have never encountered this so I can’t speak from my own experience but since you haven’t gotten any replies I thought this link might be helpful:

i did a little reading about this earlier today because one of the nerites I just got in the mail appears to have a substantial crack that has “healed”. From the reading I’ve done it sounds as though snails can recover in many cases, especially if they have enough calcium, magnesium, and other essential minerals available.

the site aquariumbreeder.com where the article link i provided was posted has reputable content in my experience. they appear to create original content from actual applied experience and expertise rather than duplicating generic content for the purpose of generating revenue through product links (like some much of the Internet clutter these days)

good luck - I hope your little friend prevails!

·
Registered
55 Posts
This happened to me once when I was cleaning a piece of wood that I had in my tank. Nerite snail fell and could not recover, it was a hard hit. I was sad because I had it for quite a few years and it was the oldest habitat in the tank :(
Hopefully yours will be fine!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts