The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have three aquariums that all need lighting.

1. 20 gallon long. I currently have LEDS, here is a plants list:
S repens
Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Java Moss
Glosso
Narrow Leaf java Fern
Rotala Rotundifolia
Ludwigia S Red
Lots of pearl weed
Baby Tears(The tall stem one)

I plan on buying a single T5 fixture but can't find one anywhere. I found these two fixtures online but I don't know if they will suit me, and I didn't want anything hanging down over the aquarium, but something that will sit on it.
FLUORESCENT HOOD 30 INCH
HTG Supply - GrowBright 2 Foot 1 Lamp High Output T5

10 gallon tank. I have some swords in here, it is currently over run by algae, like 5 inch long hair algae but I have my guppy fry in there so IDC about algae until I get a new light, which I will hopefully do soon and I will clean out the tank. I have a couple stem plants, nothing super demanding in the 10g. Again, I was hoping for a new light for this one but have no idea where to start.

3. I have a 2.5 gallon mini aquascape, I plan on only growing glosso, DHG, maybe some pearlweed, and MAYBE some ludwigia red. I was hoping to use CFL's but at this point I really don't care. I just want a really nice fixture where I can grow DHG and glosso easily. I currently have my glosso growing emerrsed and it is just flourishing.

I don't plan on doing CO2 or dosing Excel on any of these, but I can use excel if I need to.

PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE THESE LIGHTS FAST. MY PLANTS ARE DOING TERRIBLE AND THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE DYING

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think a finnex fugeray would work especially since you have carpet plants. I had a 16" fugeray on a 12" cube and it grew dhg decently. I only added excel for a week then I stopped. The tank was dirted and I added flourish maybe once every two weeks. The dhg was always healthy but grew slow. I also never trimmed it so....It also grew a carpet of downoi in the same tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.