The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I was at the LFS looking for some java moss to cover a few rocks in my 10g and this is what they had as java moss (yes I know some of it is brownish but most of it seems to be ok and will be doing better with some light and attention :)

As requested I have added some closer/clearer pics well I hope they are at least :)

Is this really java moss ? This felt a lot stiffer than java moss well IDK it doesn't look like the java moss in the plant database here either so I'm at a loss :icon_eek:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Compare yr moss to the pictures I've posted in yr thread coz I'm not sure if its Willow moss.
Your moss looks weak it should be bright green. Did u recently acquire the moss?
If so then it will take some time to get used to yr tank parameters.
Anyways if it is willow it should be kept upto 25 degrees otherwise it will die slowly.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whatever it is I've decided to strap some down to 2x2 mesh and put some on the mesh in my 10g lo tech and put a few in my 55 high tech hopefully it'll liven up :) I'm hoping it's willow because I want to use some willow in my next tank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.