The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had this plant in my high tech tank since I set it up almost 3 months ago but I do not remember what it is. It looks and grows a lot like Bacopa monnieri except it's leaves are a bit smaller, variegated and the plant's growth is slower. Thank you for taking the time to look and help me out. -BH
View attachment 16029

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I apologize, I'm gonna hijack here. I've heard that plant called L. parviflora "Variegated" and L. rotundifolia "Variegated". Tinanti, are these two names just synonyms? Is one more correct than the other?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I checked hundreds of profiles on that site. Obviously not that one. Thanks.

EDIT *11/03/09*: "Obviously not that one." I meant that I did not check that profile. That just came out wrong. Thanks for the ID folks.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I apologize, I'm gonna hijack here. I've heard that plant called L. parviflora "Variegated" and L. rotundifolia "Variegated". Tinanti, are these two names just synonyms? Is one more correct than the other?

No, they are indeed different species. I'd like to flower some to confirm it, but from what I've seen so far, it really looks like L. rotundifolia. L. parviflora specimens I've seen have leaves that are narrower and with more obvious teeth. L. rotundifolia also has quadrangular stems. Descriptions bear that out. It's possible that the 'India' is L. rotundifolia as well. It's on my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts