The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been running a little 7.5 gallon planted cube for a while now but it was time to upgrade so i have bought a 4 ft 68 gallon tank. I have been looking for inspiration for the tank and I came across this picture. Can some of you plant guru's please help ID these plants so I can find and buy them.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
In the foregrounds it's mostly :glosso or marshilia, styrogyne repens, blyxa japonica(grassy plant)

Some anubias at the front of the wood.

Background is mostly crypts in the middle perhaps apanogetifolia at the middle and balansae on the sides

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Welcome to TPT!

Plus a small red tiger lotus mid ground left and CRINUM CALIMISTRATUM in left background.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At the back there's tonnes of Java Fern and I think the bushy plant is Limnophila aromatica which is not growing under conditions to make it coloured, but I'm not 100% on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does that just mean a shortage of iron so it stays green?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Many factors can affect colour such as Iron dosage, Nitrogen dosage, colour of light and intensity of light. I've not had Limnophila aromatica before so I'm not quite sure how the colour was achieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a look like Limnophila aquatica. known commonly as the giant ambulia, is a plant belonging to the family Plantaginaceae. Limnophila aquatica grows naturally in Asia, Sri Lanka and India and is characterised by its fine leaves and bushy, pine-like appearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts