The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought theese shrimp as blue tigers but I think I may have had the wool pulled over my eyes :-(. What's your opinions please? I think they may be ninjas :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics

Another picture.... Don't know how to add more then 1 at a time!

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm guessing either a Blue Bee shrimp or bumble bee shrimp. Kinda hard to tell really. It does not look like an OEBT or just a blue tiger for that matter to me at least.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Original seller picture

This was the picture of the shrimp from the seller... They looked blue when I collected them too but they are brown now :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I'm guessing either a Blue Bee shrimp or bumble bee shrimp. Kinda hard to tell really. It does not look like an OEBT or just a blue tiger for that matter to me at least.
Thanks for the reply, I would be happy if they were but am concerned they are ninjas, not that ninjas are bad just that I wanted to breed them....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 10 of them, they have been in for 5 days now.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Looks very much like a Ninja to me. (Caridina serratirostris) My understanding is that like Amanos, they need saltwater to breed. They have been called Ninja shrimp because of their ability to change colors when they feel like it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm :-( thanks for the replies. They hide alot and do change colours. Will see if my lfs want some ninjas in exchange for credit. And put it down to a learning experience.
Thanks for all your help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts