The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I bought a group of Cryptoheros Sajica(1.5-2") about 1.5 months ago from an online source. Recently they have been acting strange and here is a list of noticeable behavior and physical problems that I just can't diagnose since they don't seem to fit one description for fish diseases.

*White stringy poop
*slightly sunken belly
*very little rubbing against objects
*body color has darkened slightly
*and recently some of them will hide in my sword plants and hold their fins together.

So far I have tried to "fast" them for about 3 days because I read that one diagnosis of stringy poop is constipation.
I have also tried dosing with Kordon Organic Ich Medication(since it will not stain my silicone). I assumed the rubbing against objects could have been an early stage of Ich.

I just bought some Tetra Parasite Guard but have not dosed yet. My feeding regimen is tropical flake food, recently NLS anti-parasitic pellets, and various frozen foods on the weekends as treats. Other fish in the tank are an Albino Pleco(no symptoms), and about have a dozen Rosaline Sharks(they rarely rub against objects).

What do you think is wrong with my fish?:help::icon_frow

Anyone?

I have been keeping fish for several years now but this problem has me stumped!

I'm thinking internal parasites but not quite sure. I'm hoping the Parasite Guard from Tetra will work.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Sounds like an internal parasite to me. If they are still eating you can use your medicated food and treat them with that, but that is the only food you should feed them for about a week. If they are not eating you can try out the stuff you already bought or try API Primafix, I personally am using the primafix on my cichlid since he quit eating an it has worked wonders, he is lively again and is attempting to eat again.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ich is gone and I have been feeding nothing but the NLS anti-parasitic pellets. Though the Sajicas are not too interested in the pellets, they ate them to an extent because that is all I have been feeding them.

They are on the thin side but I am beginning today, lowering the temp back to normal over the next few days and gonna start feeding frozen foods as treats again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts