The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:i have a 55 gal tank.one of my clown loach,likes to lie on the bottom all the time. when you go the tank he is alert.he is eatting well.i am worried he may have parasites.he does scrape the bottom of the tank from time to time.

i have had my tank for about 1 year now, and still a bit of a rookie. if you can help me i would be a very happy camper.

thank you
T.Morris

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does he scrape the bottom on his stomach or his side? How long have you had him? Do you have just him or did you get more than one? If you got more than one, are the others doing the same thing? What kind of filter do you have on the tank?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clown loach on the mend

:icon_coolmy friend BOSCO seems tobe on the mend.
after more research into the symptoms,i came to the conclusions that there had gill flake. so i called my local pet guy,he suggested a product
called general cure by MARS FISHCARE NORTH AMERICA,INC. it seem to be doing the job. i have one more treatment to give tomorrow.
i wouid like to thank you for your interest and help.please keep eye on my profile to see some pictures of my tank and fish
thanks again
Tom Morris

·
Registered
153 Posts
Clown loaches have a habit of laying in strange positions - including on their side on the bottom. They get between tank sides and rocks and lay upside down. Unless you have some visible signs of disease or a parasite, I'd just leave him alone. He's just doing his thing.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
My betta likes to float upside down or sideways while sleeping. Otherwise he's fine. Fish do really weird stuff.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It is perfectly normal behavior for CL's to lay on their side as if they are sound asleep. In fact, it means thay are comfortable in their environment. Mine have been doing it for years and they are now well over 6" and they laydown every day. The morning is when they do their dance. Be very careful in treating your CL's. Dont treat with anything unless you are sure as to what you are treating. Remember they are scaleless, so they are very reactive to medications. Youll know whether they need to be medicated. If you are unsure, leave them be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.