The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lighting: 4 T8 fluorescents, 32 watts each, plus 2 compact fluorescents

Size: 130 cm long, 50 cm tall, 40 cm deep

Plants: Vallisneria Sp., Limnophila sessiliflora, cryptocorine sp., Sagitaria subulata, Microsorum pteropus, Rotala rotundifolia, Hygrophila difformis.

Fish: 10 tiger barbs, 4 zebra danios, 4 boeseman's raibowfish, 3 cherry barbs, 3 SAE´s 4 Harlequins, 2 Pearl gouramis, 2 rosy barbs, 2 gold barbs

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh well, i don't dose CO2 only excel ocasionally, the only ferts i dose are sera florena and seachem iron. The substrate is nutritive though.

So it's taken a few months to have the L.sessiliflora to grow that tall and bushy.

Only plants that grow like wildfire are the vals...

But i will take your advice in account and trim them :) thank you!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Sagittaria subulata isn't from asia. Just saying....

The wood could be more pronounced, bigger perhaps? Sloping or contouring the substrate does wonders for the depth of a tank,too.

Is the color representation accurate? Consider a bulb with a higher Kelvin rating and it will seem more natural.

Looks great, overall though.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Beautiful plants! The wood isn't doing much for the tank though. Maybe placing two or all of them together would make a bigger impact? And placing them off center is usually more appealing, try 1/3-2/3 or even use the golden ratio to place it. When you work on trimming the plants consider moving the planting away from dead center as well. It wouldn't take much, just half a dozen stems moved from one side to the other is all. I wouldn't cut all the stems down, just cut the longer ones as this isn't a fast growing super sonic tank here.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup the water is tea colored...i don't like it though, considering my tap water is liquid rock...anyways.

Yes, S.subulata isn't from Asia, but here in Venezuela i can't find all plants i'd like to for the foreground...

I would love to fnd Staurogyne repens ( not from asia but beautiful), N.crasicaulis ( same as S.repens) Utricularia graminifolia would have been perfect as it is asian...but it is very demanding. Narrow leaved Java fern would be awesome, if i could only find it here...

And regarding the wood it is the first time i use wood to decor a tank. But i'll keep in mind what you say and incorporate it in my other tanks :)

Still, i have some other tanks i plan to set up. a 20 G south american tank and maybe next year a 55 gallon community tank :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.