The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a betta fish but i dont have a lid for his bowl, and I dont want him to jump out. I dont have any type of cover for him and im worried about it. does anyone know any temporary cover i could use for his bowl?

·
Registered
85 Posts
They do jump out sometimes. How large a bowl do you have him in? If it is big enough, you can reduce the likelihood of him jumping out by not filling it all the way. Otherwise, is the bowl shaped in such a way that you could use cheesecloth and either tie it on or use a large rubber band? People do use plastic wrap with a lot of holes in it. The thought of it makes me a little nervous, but I've never heard of anything going wrong....

Leah

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the bowl is curved at the top, and it's not filled all the way. he has a plastic flower on the top of it, though the flower doesn't cover the entire surface. I've never seen a betta fish jump out and die, and a relative of mine has owned at least five bettas so far.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bettas have never been my thing hut I have seen ppl have some sort of real flower over the
top. Ant that looks good with the roots in the bowl and that will be like a cover. Try Google. If u want to see what it looks like. Can't get the pic to load right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.