The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 femal and 1 male mickey mouse platy and 1 chinese algae eater and used to have 3 neon tetras. No sign of them from jumping out, checked the filter, and no floaters. I am confused what happened to them? I suspect Alien abduction but I have no proof

·
Registered
465 Posts
They may have died on their own and then been munched on by the cae. Cae's can be aggressive and I often see them chopping on each others dead remains at walmart. Sorry for your loss I have 6 neons and they're fun fish.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could be its a pretty big one.It is about almost 3 inches long. I bought the tetras for my daughter(her tank of fish my plants) 2 days ago I found one platy has a fungus and so that prolly killed the already new and fragile tetras before I even knew what happened.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The bigger they are the more aggressive they are, they are pretty well known to attack other fish and suck on their sides. It may have killed them, it wouldn't be hard for it to suck on one and not let go for a few. That would kill a neon easily. If I were you id sell the cae, it will get much bigger abd start getting more aggressive to larger fish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I doubt it would make it through the winter if left in an outdoor pond. If you can keep it inside during cold weather though a pond might be a good idea.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah a winter in Oregon wouldn't be good. like soaponarope said if u can bring it inside during winter all will be well. or get a few strong pond heaters. waste if money for just a cae though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts