The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the LFS today, and they had one of these magnificent fish for sale. I certainly don't have a tank that could even begin to support it, or the money for such an expensive, hard to keep, but beautiful fish, but I thought I'd share it with you guys since I'd never seen one before. It was $100.

batfish

Does anyone have one of these? The picture certainly doesn't do it justice.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If I recall, this fish is difficult to feed and the juvenile form (pictured) looks different than the adult.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
yup. we had one come in when i worked at the LFS. the color is amazing on them. satin black with neon yellow/orange outline. they can be tricky to eat, but wwe did get ours to eat eventually. we did have this one guy come in, who pretty much sent all SW fish to their deaths, and he sees it and goes how much? well we didnt have the tag up yet, and there was no way i was sending it home with him so i told him 300 bucks. he was like WHAA?!?! 300 dollars? you crazy! i said nope..its 300 bucks and you arent buying it. we ended up selling it to a guy for 75 bucks and he went to a new huge 500+ gallon reef system. so happy ending for him

1 - 4 of 4 Posts