The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some serious hair algae in my new setup.i have high,high light.4.5wpg,and still only running diy co2 so i think thats the problem.my press co2 will be here monday.can or should i run the tank with no lights,2hrs 4hrs etc..??i have ei dosed once and have been running light about 8 hrs.gonna get some flagfish today to keep it at bay.any advice thanks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i have some serious hair algae in my new setup.i have high,high light.4.5wpg,and still only running diy co2 so i think thats the problem.my press co2 will be here monday.can or should i run the tank with no lights,2hrs 4hrs etc..??i have ei dosed once and have been running light about 8 hrs.gonna get some flagfish today to keep it at bay.any advice thanks.
How big is your tank? How long has it been established? You mentioned you EI dosed once, what does that mean? Do you have any other inhabitants in the tank?

-Ryan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
60g,1 week,ei dose was kno3,kh2po4,k2so4,(macros,)kent pro plant for micros.botia morleti(skunk loach),cae,microgeophagus ramerizi,and just added three jordanella floridae(american flagfish).thanks

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yea, or just cut the lighting in 1/4. Are they all on the same ballast? If not, reduce the lighting to <2wpg. OR blackout is fine, but you do wanna manually remove the stuff or the FFF will eat themselves to death :hihi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.