The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently changed my substrate and now I have flourite as a substrate. However, I replanted all my plants. After everything was in I added the recommended dose of excel and added flourish and iron. i haven't add any co2 yet but my plants had turned transparent. i have amazon swords that turned pretty much transparent, and wisteria that is losing leaves. my riccia also turned white at the tips, i do not know why it turned white does anyone know why this happened? my riccia and other plants was really healthy before this. how do i fix it? i plan to add the co2 tonight.

·
Registered
322 Posts
could just be from the disturbance of the new substrate. You may just have to wait it out and let the plants re-establish themselves. Since its almost like planting them in a new tank even though you have the same water. I have noticed a few plants shed leaves and melt once replanted then come back in a week or so. Just keep an eye out for new leaves.

·
Registered
322 Posts
co2 will always help. I have been experimenting with it myself. Started with a single 2 liter setup and just added a second two liter tonight. I think I will be going pressurized though as it's a more controllable flow rate. But from what I have seen from the diy setup is you can maintain a good co2 concentration if you stay on top of it. Make a bubble counter to help monitor your bubble rate. All my plants pearl up nicely. But I do dose fertilizers (micros, macros, trace, and excel) on the norm and use root tabs also so.....

recovery rate also depends on the type of plants to. Some plants grow fast, others take time. I know the waiting game sucks because your tank looks all janky. But you got to let it do its thing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah totally understand. i made a bubble counter with a diy medicine syringe. haven't put it to use yet. but i heard that amazon swords are a real pain cause they dont grow back? i'm not too worried about the wisteria though. the riccia is the same i know they grow fast, so fast i can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts