The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I'm having trouble with BBA (at least I think so) and my plants are looking pretty ragged since I started adding co2. They have black spots and are dark brown around the edges, and yellow inside those dark edges. New growth is colorless. They are also wilting a little bit. Also seeing spots of brown algae on the glass that I clean off weekly with a scraper. Here are my specs:

20 gallon long tank
Finnex stingray on from 4:00 - 8:30pm daily.
~2 bubbles per second of co2 from 4:00 - 8:30 pm. The drop checker is a darker green.
I've been adding a little less than a cap full of seachem flourism potassium every sunday and thursday.
I do a 3-4 gallon water change weekly.

I have phosphorus and nitrogen that I can add but I haven't been. I wanted to add one fert at a time.

pics:

BBA?: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Plants losing color: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I think since adding co2 and upping the lighting period, there's just not enough nutrients in the water column and it's starving the plants. What do you think?

Edit: One note I forgot... Jungle val is doing well as I add root tabs for them, this also leads me to thick it's because of a lack of nutrients in the water column. I've got some flourish trace on the way. Until then I'm going to reduce the lighting period.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts