The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed Wet Pets in Vernon has started to carry a good amount of plants and the tissue culture plants. The last time I was there they had orange, blue, CRS, CBS for decent prices. I think it was4-5 bucks. Anyone know of anywhere else that has a good selection of plants or shrimp? Looking for S/SS CRS or CBS.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blake's Aqua Den in Meriden sometimes has a few different kinds of shrimp, not great on plants though. I would assume you've been to Aquatic Wildlife, I still haven't been to their new store, but they always had a great selection of plants and shrimp, just prices are a little high. No other stores carry shrimp that I can think of. As far as plants go petsmart and Petco sometimes have the best selection of TC plants. I wish we had a nice planted tank store.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to take a look at Petco. I tend to stay clear of the big box stores when it comes to animals unless food or something. I also need to take a look into Blakes, Aquatic.... the new place is extremely organized and clean looking but the tanks... I really want to like the place but almost 80% of the tanks had 2-3 dead fish in them at a time. I live really close to there so I hope the quality improves. Though the owner wasn't in and they just moved so I will give them another chance when they settle. I appreciate the info Dan! You happen to know of any planted clubs in the area by chance? I heard there was one but I assume it is no more as there is nothing on the net about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aquatic Wildlife's new store is very nice. Their plant selection is pretty good and it is very organized, though they are a bit pricy. Animal City's (of Vernon) plant selection is kind of crappy in my opinion; a lot of times their plants have holes or are in poor condition.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I will have to take a look at Petco. I tend to stay clear of the big box stores when it comes to animals unless food or something. I also need to take a look into Blakes, Aquatic.... the new place is extremely organized and clean looking but the tanks... I really want to like the place but almost 80% of the tanks had 2-3 dead fish in them at a time. I live really close to there so I hope the quality improves. Though the owner wasn't in and they just moved so I will give them another chance when they settle. I appreciate the info Dan! You happen to know of any planted clubs in the area by chance? I heard there was one but I assume it is no more as there is nothing on the net about it.
I haven't been into Blakes in a little while, but the last time i was at the new store the tanks all looked great, a couple dead fish but nothing much, i have never had any issues with Blakes even at the old place. The owner used to be the fish room manager at all pets club in Wallingford, they sometimes have a good plant selection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts