The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 20gallon tank with 130wattcoralife cf. DIY CO2 and i use kent marine liquid fertilizers 0-0-3 i beleive it is. As of lately it seems my plants are kind of turning a yellow color. I know this is normal for some of the types of have but my amazon swoards and green cabomba seem to be also fading. Any one have any guesses on why this is, or am i just being parnoid.

·
Registered
705 Posts
iron probabily. thats my guess. amazon swords turning yelllow are a common sign of lack of iron. try a root tab or flourish iron or similar products.

·
Registered
517 Posts

or perhaps

either can do it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Am I the only one that sees 130w over a 20g?

What type of substrate are you using?
How much co2 is in your water column?
Do you have an idea of how much ferts you are dosing?

I too use a lot of light over my tanks but I have pressurized co2 pumping at least 30ppms into the tank and I does heavily so the plants have enough to flourish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it seems everybody around here gives me flack for running 130watts with DIY CO2. but eventually i plan on upgrading to a pressurized system. From my measurements i do have 30ppm of co2 running. And i dont really know the exact amount of ferts i use. i just add Kent plant grow about 5ml every water change and then half that every other or 3 day. I use the eco complete planted tank mix soil. i have about 5 inches of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts