The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just beginning to get the hang of this new found marvellous hobby. I was so lost initially. The little success (if i may call it) i had with my 1ft tank have motivated me to upgrade. So here i am with a 3ft Pressurised co2 tank. Had started co2 injection but unable to count it because it bubbling rapidly in the bubble counter. But basing on behaviour of the livestocks and ph reading it appears to be in the safe zone.

Algae appear to be under control for now after up and running co2 for about a week. But something about the plant growth bothers me. I bought this Cambomba from Lfs. It was dark green and thick. But now it has become pale green and lost it fluffines and appear skinny. What is the likely cause of this poor growth?

Details of Tank set up
Tank Size : 3ft
Light : 2 X 36 watts T5 @ 7hrs a day
Temp : 28 ~ 30C
PH : 6 ~ 7
Soil : Base fertilisers top up with sand
CO2 : pressurised system @7hrs a day (together with light timing)

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You need to read the fertilizing forum, the sticky on dosing schemes, and follow the method that is described. You have a high light tank, so you need CO2, which you also have, but you also need to be dosing a complete mix of NPK and trace elements to feed the plants, so they can grow fast and healthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.