The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Right here on the planted tank is by far the best place to find ANY plant you can think of, and if someone doesn't have that plant, i can guarantee they know somebody who does and can refer you to them. Simply post a WTB thread with a list of the plants you are looking to buy, it simply doesn't get much better, and prices are usually FAR more reasonable than any other place, and the quality and care of the plants you will receive is quite a bit higher then any big time company.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
The for sale forum on here is the best. Or post a WTB thread. Somebody will have what you want.
Adding a caveat, provided the sellers know how to properly ship.

Know to ask how plants will be shipped. Boxes are a must for everything other than mosses, seeds or dry goods. Avoid those who rely on first class shipping to save $. The ones who do generally do not specify how they ship for obvious reasons.

Save yourself time and grief by learning to ask the right questions. And do not be afraid to walk away from a sale listing. Many of us keep the same plants and will gladly share some after a trimming.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/
I have a mental hangup about puttingan WTB add on here. But like I said, it's my hangup. I have had great success getting a few plants from a RAOK. I PM'd the person and asked that since I have a 10g only, I would like to ask them for only three stems
of one certain kind which they listed. Because it didn't interfere/w the RAOK, I now have my plants.
But a couple of times when I placed WTB adds here, when a picture of what they had came to me it wasn't what I had asked about.
I guess some people it wouldn't bother, but it put me in a very awkward position.
And for(both) the above mentioned reason I ignore For Sale adds which do not supply pictures of the plants also.
But aside from it not being the correct plant that you want, I would think that most on here will supply you with good quality plants...especially compared to those which are shipped from a distance that requires many days in darkness. I have bought from Malaysia but it takes 20 days to get them(an E-bay item). Most people here are far closer than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.