The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I've had very good luck with the anubias and wisteria I bought in the tubes. I was drawn to the idea of snail free plants! They are planted in a gelatinous goo that keeps them from drying out. I like them. (Petsmart's) I would think Petco's are from the same vendor.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had great luck with the anubias. The plants I was unfamiliar with I wrote the names of them down and looked them up cause i'd already read the stories of the bog plants in tubes from those 2 stores. So you'll want to do your research to make sure they are a true aquatic plant and what the light requirements are. I didn't have good luck with the swords or the wisteria. But I still have those same anubias plants that I got there from 3-4 years ago. And they did not have snails on them :)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I was in Petco yesterday, and I recall that a large portion of their plants were not aquatic plants at all- Mondo grass, various garden variety plants - I was surprised. I see the same in Petsmart to a lesser degree in the loose plants they keep in the tanks. The bottled ones in Petsmart, however, were clearly labeled as "True Aquatic" or Semi-Aquatic" (which is a falsehood, too) the semi aquatics would be fine for terrariums, perhaps ripariums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.