The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a list of plants that will grow (not necessarily quickly, but grow) in a tank with these requirements:

Substrate: non planted tank substrate (in my case Tahitian moon)

Fertilization: root tabs, and flourish comprehensive if necessary (nothing more than this, no co2 or excel either)

Light: low to medium (in my case, marineland double bright 36" at 24" from substrate, which marineland claims will provide 26 PAR at substrate level)

I'm not picky about the plants...ideally would have 2 or 3 big plants with big/long leaves...not looking for a lot of plants just a couple huge healthy ones that are easy to grow.
I looked at the "excellent list of low light plants" ...could most everything on there work in these conditions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes that list is good reference
what size tank?
4ft 90 gallon - 25 inches high

Java Fern (tied to drift wood or rocks) and Moss. Java fern can be big & showy, moss can be hard to abuse...even for a "Player Hater" :wink:

Of the list these will grow a little faster.
"clap for me b!tch"

thanks for the quick replies. that low light plant list is really good but I wasnt sure what I could get away with having the tahitian moon sand.
I had seachem flourite black sand initially but it was gray not black so i switched it, but some bulbs had grown like 6 inches in about 4 days in that then died almost overnight once i put them in the tahitian moon sand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.