The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 27 gallon unheated tank inhabited with four small goldfish and some rosy minnows. I would like to use natural panting but know full well that goldfish will eat a lot of plant species. Could the forum suggest some plants that would be resistant to becoming dinner?

Thanks,

Grant

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Polyethylene Terephthalate var. Flora

Can be found in the wild natures of a pet store. It comes in a variety of colours and look-a-likes of other species.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've got a lot of java fern in my goldfish tank, and they haven't touched it. I've also got a couple of ocelot swords in there and they've left those alone, but they've only been in for a few days, so it won't surprise me in the slightest if they ultimately end up eaten. I had an anubias in there that was doing fine as well, but it got relocated to a new betta tank :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have some anabius(sp), windlov fern, java fern, anacharis(sp) and brazlian pennywort. they didnt like hornwort either. oh and a moss ball. usually i put plants in as a floater first to see if they like to eat them. i leave the anacharis(sp) in just for them to eat. I gave them duckweed once. uugh that stuff is aweful. but they loved to eat it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
@Jeff-
If they're going after java fern, maybe you need to add veggie flakes and/or algae wafers to their diet. And maybe some fresh veggies like zuchinni, etc.

Julia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.