The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
How type of plants food I can use in my tank which will not change quality water.
I keep Discus and the water have to be : pH 6, KH near 0, GH near 1.
Till one month ago I used Plants Food from Giovanni. Plants growin up so quickly - Cabomba near 20cm per week, but the quality water was not good for Discus. I stopes to put this treatment and now all plants is not really good condition
Have somebody know any Plants Food Company what after using the pH, KH, GH will not change ?
Please for advice
Tad

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi
How type of plants food I can use in my tank which will not change quality water.
I keep Discus and the water have to be : pH 6, KH near 0, GH near 1.
Till one month ago I used Plants Food from Giovanni. Plants growin up so quickly - Cabomba near 20cm per week, but the quality water was not good for Discus. I stopes to put this treatment and now all plants is not really good condition
Have somebody know any Plants Food Company what after using the pH, KH, GH will not change ?
Please for advice
Tad
I've used dry ferts from aquariumfertilizer.com and pfertz.com's stuff in my discus tanks without any problems.

Keep in mind your water doesn't have to be 100% perfect for discus just 'ideal' they will adapt to slightly less than perfect conditions unless your trying to breed them.

I keep tanks just for breeding stock that are as close to perfect as I can get (no fertz, substrate, etc) and then transfer the adults out once the fry are weened off onto live/flake foods but in my species and community tanks my discus are kept at ideal conditions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot will look around :)

Actually one couple had babes twice :) but from all the babes I have only 12 :(.
The other things is the fish is so scared of everyone, can't do nothing in living room. Maybe becouse to high nitrate is between 20/40 ppm. Everyday xechange water 20 litres per day. ( before was mora than 50ppm)
So that's why I trying to make the water perfect :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Twelve fry is a good amount for a first time spawn so don't feel bad just keep doing large water changes with good water.

I'd try to do a few bigger water changes on your tank to get that ppm down and if it's a community tank (different types of fish in it) then you probably need to add some cover (plants, wood, rocks) to the tank so they can feel safer.

How big is the tank and how big are the discus? That might also be a stress'er if they have out grown there tank.

- Brad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two tanks one community 400l and second one 200l. The first one I keep 3 discus 13cm big and 3 between 7-9cm, few tetra neons and 2 cat fish. The second one in half is the couple from the babes ( they puting eggs every two weeks but all empty) and another half are the babes - but near all of them have problem with gill - to much open ( I using every month Kusuri for paracite)
In both tanks are plants but now with not very good condition :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.