The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to be up to my shoulders in the tanks again. My fingernails haven't been this clean for months. I've got some awesome plants available to get the new aquarium season underway.

Nasaea sp Golden

Dwarf Baby Tears & Balansae

Banana Plants

Barclaya

I put some Barclaya in this tank for the blue rams to enjoy.

My PayPal addy is [email protected] Please keep orders a minimum of $20. Orders of $50 or more get free shipping. Orders of $100 or more please contact me.

Mark aka RMC

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Mark has some amazing plants at unbeatable prices. I got some recently for my new planted tank and was extremely happy with them. Thanks again, Mark!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I woiuld love to pic up 20 bucks worth of all these plants right now, but my tank isnt even up yet....i have to cycle it. I have another tank cycled that has a few bags of gravel bio balls and filter material for the new tank in it.

I should wait till i have a cycle to get these plants?
you don't need to cycle a tank before putting plants in. in fact, you SHOULDNT cycle a tank before you put the plants in, because the plants will take in the Nitrogen that the bacteria that you've spent so long growing normally take in, and all that work will go to waste. add plants first, then let the bacteria balance out the nitrogen cycle, and THEN add fish.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I woiuld love to pic up 20 bucks worth of all these plants right now, but my tank isnt even up yet....i have to cycle it. I have another tank cycled that has a few bags of gravel bio balls and filter material for the new tank in it.

Plants will actually help cycle your tank faster, there are a few plants that are hyper sensitive to water quality, but most fast growing stem plants are fine, things like downoi or crypts might melt. I almost always use a bunch of clippings from one of my tanks to cycle new tanks.

*edit* doh i missed someone elses earlier reply

·
Registered
291 Posts

I agree with everyone elses statements. Google "Silent Cycling" in the aquarium. Its a safer and in some peoples perspectives more "humane" way of cycling a tank. You will read in there that you would need atleast I believe 40% of your aquarium planted.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow! Not much interest in these nice plants. Oh well!

I'll leave this post up until morning and then I have to move on to plan "B".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.