The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found in my 10 gallon tank that I don't does, my plants are vastly more colorful, even though it is low light. I does maybe once a month, only when my HM starts to yellow.

I got lazy with daily EI doesing in what I consider to be a highlight 29 gallon. It is 96 watts t-5, basically 3.3 watt per gallon of T-5. Some of my red plants colored up nicely. Most never did many lost color. I did make a slight adjustment to my photo period, reducing it by an hour, and reducing 36 watts of the light by another hour. I don't think it made the change.

Is that possible. Even some of my green plants are coloring up. I don't have plant names, I don't keep track enough. I do know that it isn't just one species, it is 4. Just wondering, I don't see any ill affects of not doesing daily in any other plants. I basically do the normal EI doesing amounts for one day, once a week after a water change.

·
Are these real?
15,706 Posts
Sure it's possible. Plenty of NO3 makes plants grow green and fat, low NO3 levels let other colors come through. You could see it as a lack of green, or call it "coloring up". Same thing really.

Most never did many lost color.
I read that a couple of times. Reminds me of someone at work, all her emails are like this. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts