The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Cherry shrimps 10, Amano shrimp 4 and siamese algae Eater 4

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
Then yes its the SAE. They must be pretty hungry as plants are not their preferred diet. Try varying their diet and make sure you are feeding them specifically. If you don't have enough algae that they like then this is what they do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then yes its the SAE. They must be pretty hungry as plants are not their preferred diet. Try varying their diet and make sure you are feeding them specifically. If you don't have enough algae that they like then this is what they do.
I'm having spirogyra in my tank.. but they are not eating them... Instead they eat all others...

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I'm having spirogyra in my tank.. but they are not eating them... Instead they eat all others...

All the algae eater critters have different preferences. Its possible your SAE just don't like the algae you are growing. Manual removal is very helpful for algae removal and figuring out whatever imbalance you are having that is causing the algae. Plus topping plants that are affected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.