The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to buy plants for pick up in Illinois. I'm not looking for anything specific but I would like to get some nice stem plants other than rotala rotundifolia and ludwigia repens. I'm interested in just about any sort of plants if the price is right. I'm working on a budget and can't spend a fortune. Also I am interested in shrimp. I'm not looking to have anything shipped because of shipping costs and the cold weather. Thanks and let me know if you have anything!

·
Registered
123 Posts
you might want to try birds and beasts in crystal lake il they have Great fish plants and occasionly shrimp. the plants are farily cheap and if they do not have what you want they most likley can order it for you. Also there is the aquatic experience schaumburg il they have plants and they arent too expensive but im not sure on shhrimp

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you might want to try birds and beasts in crystal lake il they have Great fish plants and occasionly shrimp. the plants are farily cheap and if they do not have what you want they most likley can order it for you. Also there is the aquatic experience schaumburg il they have plants and they arent too expensive but im not sure on shhrimp
I have went to the aquatic adventure it usually has decent plants and prices but its an hour drive from my home. The shrimp there are highly overpriced IMO they sell shrimp for $14.00 a piece for low grade bee shrimp. I will have to check out birds and beasts sometime soon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i have only been to the aquarium adv. twice but i live 34 minutes away from bird and beasts and they are super helpful and they have told me before that they can order stuff if they don't have it in stock and reserve it for you. i have not seen cherries in a month but that is probably not enough people buying them i think they range fro $2-$4 a piece but not sure what grade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts