The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Have recently bought a 370ltr tank (48" x 24" x 20") second hand, which has been set up for a couple of weeks now, although we have had a few *ahem* structural problems the last few days, but fingers crossed they're sorted!!! It's currently home to 6 zebra danios, with hopefully a shoal of 20 cardinal or black neon tetras being added as well as 6 panda cories over the next few weeks. There are a good few other fish I'd like to add slowly over the next few months as well, but only the tetras and cories this side of Christmas probably.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the tank, just taken. Have currently got giant vallis, twisted vallis and a few amazon swords. I think a few of them are 'melting' a bit, plus they're been through a bit in the last few days, fingers crossed they're there to stay now and can get their roots down!

I'm hoping to receive some amazon frogbit from a friend in a few weeks, so that'll also be added to the tank. The lighting at the moment is 4 x 30W tubes, so there's a total of 120W. Some other plants I'm thinking of getting are some java ferns to attach to the wood (which has plenty of branching bits that would be ideal), several different types of mosses (flame, peacock, weeping are my favourites, although I like all of them), again to attach to the wood, as there's a rather flat bit (you might be able to see it in it one of the pix) where I've turned it upside down to hopefully make a cave for some upside down catfish I'd like to get, and I think the top of this piece of wood would look good covered in moss.

Am also thinking of getting some limnophila and rotala to go at the back, hopefully they'll provide a nice tall background? And am also possibly thinking of getting some cryptocorynes, eleocharis and riccie for the mid/foreground.

Was just wondering what people think of these thoughts, and whether they have any advice on others plants that might be suited to the aquarium, or any tips/interesting as to what I could do regarding aquascaping?

Thanks, take care

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

At the moment it's plain aquarium gravel, with a layer of tetraplant complete substrate underneath. I didn't realise swords could grow so large, I was looking at some pix earlier and was like 'wow, these tiny things could grow into THAT!?!'...so if they do take off and grow, then yeah, I may have to consider moving them.

I don't plan on buying any more equipment regarding CO2, I do have two DIY reactors, which I am reluctant to use, but I guess could be worth a try as would be better than nothing? And haven't really thought about fertilisers to be honest, but would deffo consider them if they'd be of benefit :)

Thanks

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.