The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am planning my first planted tank. I've kept reef tanks for years, but I never dipped my toes into the planted tank world. I know all the jargon surrounding corals, but when it comes to plants, I'm not familiar with the names and types. I'm wanting to do a high tech tank with co2. Could you recommend a planting list? Pictures and links would be really appreciated too! I want loads of colors and I'm thinking a jungle tank aquascape.

Also, I live here in China, so I don't have access to many lighting brands, but there's loads of Chinese brands. How do I know which light is bring enough for a high tech tank?

Thank you!

Nathan

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hello fellow salty!! If you're looking for color and pop you're going to want to check out stem and bulb plants as they tend to be more colorful. I really don't like getting too specific because it gets kind of personal there- your specific ideal color scheme. Good research point would be stem plants and bulbs, though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
X reef guy here. If you want color then stem plants and T5ho are the way to go, imo. Id highly recommend the web site 2hrAquarist. Everything you need to know is there. Heres my stem/t5 tank

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello fellow salty!! If you're looking for color and pop you're going to want to check out stem and bulb plants as they tend to be more colorful. I really don't like getting too specific because it gets kind of personal there- your specific ideal color scheme. Good research point would be stem plants and bulbs, though.
thank you!

this is more colorful than my reef tank haha amazing

X reef guy here. If you want color then stem plants and T5ho are the way to go, imo. Id highly recommend the web site 2hrAquarist. Everything you need to know is there. Heres my stem/t5 tank

this is more colorful than my reef tank haha amazing. Can you keep low light plants with high light plants?

·
Registered
334 Posts
this is more colorful than my reef tank haha amazing. Can you keep low light plants with high light plants?
Keep in mind that T5 bulb choice has a lot to do with it. If you decide to go with LEDs, most fixtures are not going to have nearly the amount of red and blue diodes needed. +1 on comment above on keeping low light plants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts