The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mixed up a solution of CSM+B solution maybe 1-2 months ago and now I look into the bottle and there's a bunch of fungus looking gunk and white sediment on the bottom. Is this supposed to happen? Should i just shake vigorously and keep dosing it?

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
CSM+B is prone to getting mouldy if it is not stored in the fridge and/or a small amount of mould inhibitor such as glutaraldehyde (Excel) or hydrochloric acid is not added to it.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
+1 to what was said above, but as far as the mold goes I havent heard anyone ever say it was bad for the tank so no worry to continue using it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How much excel is a small amount? For a 500ml bottle, what should I add?

I also have the mold problem and I usually boil my water/bottles and it alleviates it but it still eventually shows up.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I mixed up a solution of CSM+B solution maybe 1-2 months ago and now I look into the bottle and there's a bunch of fungus looking gunk and white sediment on the bottom. Is this supposed to happen? Should i just shake vigorously and keep dosing it?
Hi neilshieh,

I agree with the above, fungus; I had the same problem when I first started mixing up CSM+B. I add about 20 ml of Excel / glutaraldehyde to my 500 ml container and no fungus forms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts