The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive used both regular planted+ as well as ray 2's, but for this tank im debating between the 24/7 and the regular. planned plants are HC/buces/marsilea/java ferns. i am going to use pressurized co2 and all that jazz, so this is purely a light vs light argument.

Now, in terms of light modes, i would probably mostly use max setting on the 24/7 maybe a bit less depending on how algae looks.

My only problem choosing is how much stronger is the planted+ in terms of par for a 30" unit, and will that extra bit of light change the growth rate the light will give.

Also, do the true 660 nm reds on the planted+ look much nicer/give a nicer look compared to the regular RGB on the 24/7?

I feel like either way itll be high light in a 20 long, especially with how high my substrate is banked up in some areas, but i still cant choose which

·
Registered
566 Posts
You just answered your questions with the last sentence. Unless your into diy, you can't dim the regular +. The 24/7 you can. I have have the 24/7 on a 20Long at MAX for 6 1/2 hours a day with a pretty high pressured bubble rate. I think if I went much over 7 hours, the algae would be too much. If you have raised areas, your are probably going to want to set the 24/7 to 80%-90%. If you get the regular + and realize its too much your in trouble. There basically the same price too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.