The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planted tanks are worse then crack. I say this because I just bought a pressurized Co2 system and now I am thinking about buying a different diffuser/ reactor and in turn has made me think about up grading my lights. Now due to xmas the funds are very low and after we get back on track we have to start saving up because we have another little one on the way and yet I am still trying to squeeze in something else lol. I more the likely won't but the thought has crossed my mind more then once. I am way to addicted to this hobby for my own good. lol

How do you guys not go out and spend all your money on these money pits? lol

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
How do you guys not go out and spend all your money on these money pits? lol
I prefer the much nicer term: long term investment :hihi:

I suppose it is all about self restraint. Do I -really- need that new 10 gallon tank to start another planted tank (yes, yes I do...must....resist temptation)?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I prefer the much nicer term: long term investment :hihi:

I suppose it is all about self restraint. Do I -really- need that new 10 gallon tank to start another planted tank (yes, yes I do...must....resist temptation)?
lol Long term investment meaning that when the world goes into an apocalypse everyone will be trading their money to get themselves a planted tank instead of gold!

Otherwise yes it is a great investment because I think it makes the air cleaner, and helps keep my parents occupied as I reach into their wallets!

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
^^^^

That's funny. I had been without tank for at least 10 years. My wife bought a 10g starter tank for my oldest son. That was 1987 and brought my addiction to the surface again. Feb 08 I sold off all 600g worth of SW stuff and went tankless until May of this year. 90g running system gifted to me by a good friend that closed his LFS.

I asked my wife a hundred times, Honey are you sure you want me to do this? lol

Now I have four more at my shop hiding in the service room. lol

SteveU

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol Long term investment meaning that when the world goes into an apocalypse everyone will be trading their money to get themselves a planted tank instead of gold!

Otherwise yes it is a great investment because I think it makes the air cleaner, and helps keep my parents occupied as I reach into their wallets!
Hey I could see it happening. JK. lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
I quit cold turkey when I moved from NC to IA, but somehow my 75 gallon found its way from the storage room to the dining room this last month. Not up and running yet, but next thing I know it'll be a full setup.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
lol church that great :)

though i do limit my self in most cases the ones i will not mater what (usually) by are metal rimmed tanks even if i wont fill them up i at least have them (i horde to much stuff)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol church that great :)

though i do limit my self in most cases the ones i will not mater what (usually) by are metal rimmed tanks even if i wont fill them up i at least have them (i horde to much stuff)
lol I'm in the same boat. In the basement I have a 5.5 gallon, 38 gallon, and two light strips, driftwood, and some flourite. The wife watches me very close when I bring something up to play with it. lol. I have the ok to set up the 38 but I have to find a cheap stand for it.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
i'd rather see it as a learning experience... when the apocalypse forces us all underground, we will have the know-how to grow plants in caves with limited supplies.... just lighting CO2 and everything else.... and yea terrestial food plants obviously function the same as aquatic plants....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried to cut back last year because of the recession . I yanked my 120 out of the wall and gave it away on craigslist and took down three 10's. Since then I set the three 10's back up and bought a 30. Then I decided to go c02 on one of the 10's and the 30 . OH SO MUCH MONEY , Oh well !!!!!!!!!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.