The Planted Tank Forum banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
May I ask what plants you used in these scapes?
Sure. In the first pic the stems in the background are Ludwigia cuba. There is also java fern, pretty evident, and the groundcover is L. brasiliensis with a few stems of something I can't recall. It seems like it might have been considered a Staurogyne species at the time but has since been renamed.

Next pic, left to right across the back. P. stellatus, narrow leaf, is the reddish stem. The green on the right is P. erectus. The lower pinkish green in the center is sunset hygro. To the right of that is rotala green. The small little bush sitting in front of where the sunset hygro and rotala meet is the dwarf form of Lobelia cardinalis. On the front left and right we have Blyxa japonica with Stauro repens in the center. Oh and the too big anubias is on the right front also.

The third pic is the same plants as the second pic just shaped a bit differently.

Pic four is java fern trident with blyxa japonica on the left and right front and the ground cover is stauro repens. There's a bit of lobelia in the back left corner which had gotten not as compact and leggier after lowering the light for that particular "scape." I really liked that plant at the time and although it didn't go with that setup I hated to get rid of it which I eventually did. That layout is till probably my favorite.

Let me know if I can be of more help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My low cost, low maintenance tank.
All backyard substrate(dirt, sand, gravel)
Backyard leaf litter, twigs/branches, and rocks.
No co2.
No ferts.
All natural light, with 11w bulb for evening viewing.
Sponge filter and airstone no longer running lol
Tank is 90 days old.

Stock: 11 Tiger Barbs, 3 Kuhli Loaches, 3 Boesemani Rainbowfish, 1 Redtail Black Shark, 4 Nerite snails
Plants: Vallisneria, Bacopa Monneiri, Water Lettuce, Amazon Swords, Pearlweed, Ludwigia, Pennywort.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is my 'proud tank moment' ! 75 gal planted/reactor & Canister filter/ white pool sand / wave maker pump hoping to maybe upgrade to a SicceXStream-E Wave Pump (anyone else use this pump?) My dream tank still awaits - want to try discus before my aqua days end...Photo is not the best/ sorry here. thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
one of the twin tanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
re worked 79 gallon star fire

This tank was redone in June2017,a post of it in it`s earlier iteration is in this topic.
Lighting - 4 x54 watt Tek Light with Zoo med bulbs
Substrate - Netlea soil

Attachments

241 - 260 of 273 Posts