The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
nice tank.. I just set up a 2 gallon for just sunlight too..
Which direction is your window? north or south?

and what is your substrate? I'm using 1" of topsoil & 1" of gravel.

and what is that low growing plant? I need that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry, what`s the meany of shot?? My english is terrible! The tank have 80 litres. In the first 2 months I make 90% of water changes twice in a week, so that I can control algae and nutrients excess. It help the stabilization of tank. Certanly this isn`t so simple and needs experience!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Livio. Please I need your help here.......how can I say areia de filtro de piscina???

more views.........

I will take another shots from this tank and post here..... Another planted tank at sun light........

this is an Elleocaris minima carpet in formation.......look at that the water still have plâncton, but in some months it will be clear. I will post more views during the evolution of this tank too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok! Thanks and sorry!

Substrate: 6kg earthworms castings "in natura", 1 cm of laterita(Fe) and 1/2kg of vermiculita.
10cm of swimming pool sand filter

make two 90% water exchanges two times per week to remove all the excess of nutrients and not to allow the seaweed installation. After this weekly exchanges of 30 40%. But this is relative, in the truth the exchanges will also depend on the observed necessity, for example, if the partial water to start to be green, exchanges. When the tank will be stabilized introduces the dáfnias to consume all and any plâncton visible gift, as well as will serve of food for the fauna that will be introduced.

not, everything what I make is to search the balance of the aquatic way, either with partial exchanges, introduction of plants..... or what it will be necessary for such........ when the control is difficult use soon dáfnias that in few days completely leaves the crystalline water and without plâncton some visible one to little, but to make this is necessary to remove the fish in case that it has some, or would eat the dáfnias....... and later these same organisms that auxciliaram the stabilization of the way will go to still serve to feed the fish....... to know what to make, to understand what becomes, so that and which the consequências are the reason of mine search, certainly interminable, for the knowledge....... therefore what I think today or I find that I know, could be completely diferent at another moment any, or not, but the changes always are constant...... in the same way where the capricious life and, and always returns to the dust.......

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Tanks look great!

Why did you put sooo much sand on top of the Hair grass though, or am I the only one who thinks that is a bit deep?

-Andrew

By the way, your English is great, I wouldn't even of realized you where from Brazil if you didn't say it. There are plenty of people around be with worse english/Portuguese:icon_lol: BELIEVE ME! And the Portuguese words you use are VERY VERY similar to english so its easy to understand, at least for me:hihi:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
in the truth it is what all think exactly! The Elleocaris parvula has this differentiated characteristic when it grows under the incidence of solar light, searching perhaps húmus of earthworm to nourish itself, I have some assemblies to the sun with it and in all it grows of this same form.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Nice job José.
I was just thinking that a lot of people in this forum are amazed at your tank because they spend hundreds of dollars on pressurized CO2 tanks, lights and substrate.. And they also fertilize the water almost daily and do weekly water change.. You probably don't do any of that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Certainly that not! In the truth I am doctor veterinarian and aquarista it has 35 years, since I was only 4 years old. Also I have experience acquired with some Brazilian breeders where I made periods of training. This experiment that I make was only one idea to think that it was possible and for in such a way I used about 20 external tanks to the sun testing its viability. In these cases it is finished learning a little. But mine planted-tanks I use the technology yes, since it is a controlled environment. The aquarismo is a passion for me. The Co2 injection sufficiently helps the growth of the plants to the sun, but as they are many and in separate places I opted in not using and finished giving certain. The power of the solar incidence is fantastic. I wait to be able to pass a little of this experience and to help somebody that can be interested in this type of assembly. Of this form that I make I believe that they can be done beauties lakes and I believe that the possibilities if still extendam for unknown ways. Yours truly, Jose Maria.

In the truth I started these assemblies has 5 years for curiosity and as a trick, but they had finished giving certain e after many frustrate attempts I caught the skill of the business....... In case that somebody if interest I am made use to help, so that not pass as many difficulties as I had, until arriving at a point of more balance. The assembly in the truth is very simple, easy and cheap of if making, it is alone to create a propitious environment and to leave then the nature to make its part....não has no type of equipment exactly! The Co2 helps to the carpets.....mas as I have many aquas and in different places I opted to not using and the results well are seemed.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.