The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to be doing my first planted tank ever! I've done quite a bit of homework on it and have a general idea on everything except the lighting! The masses of information out there has left me confused and I'm hoping some experienced aquarists could help 'shed some light' on this!

I got a killer deal on a 46gallon bowfront, about 36inches long and 20inches deep. It came with a light fixture that matches the stand/canopy so using that would be ideal. I'm assuming it's just a standard fluorescent light, but have no idea what kind(t5? t8?) is in it other than it's 25watts. I'm thinking i want to do a simple hardscape with ohko (dragon) stones and some low-moderate type plants. (carpeting plants,moss, maybe tiger lotus) Not wanting to get into the CO2 or anything just yet, as I'm new to all this. Besides, low-tech is more my style anyways! I'm open to buying a new fixture if need be (preferably under $100) Anyone have any suggestions or information on what light works best for low-moderate plants without going overboard? Also, any tips in general on aquascaping/plabted aquariums are always welcome! Thanks! :- )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts