The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 gallon fresh water planted, 30 gallon shrimp tank, 55 gallon community tank.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good standardized data on par data for various aquarium sizes? Addtioannly what par is good considered high vs low. Most data I can find seems ambiguous and about 5 years old at minimum and the hobby and products have advanced since then.

I am specifically looking to run a high tech 75 gallon aquarium. Specs 48 in wide, 21 inches high, and 18 inches wide. ( 122cmx53cmx46cm).

thanks!

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
628 Posts
I run a Fluval 3.0 on a 75 gallon. Here are mostly the charts I used to make this decision. This first one is a third party doing PAR tests on a Fluval 3.0 and a Finnex.

This is what Finnex sent a customer.

What I took from these and other readings online is that Fluval 3.0 has higher wattage => higher PAR and larger depths. That was all I wanted at the time.

I run one Fluval 3.0 at these settings.

This was adjusted from the original PRO setting on the Fluval 3.0 for my personal viewing preferences and also brought down because of algae growth.

This is what it looks like, unfortunately This photo is not the current way it looks, this is probably the Original Pro settings on the Fluval 3.0

I like this light, it was a little more than the Finnex and other options but I am glad I have more room to increase light if I need. Plus the bluetooth feature is very nice, power outages still need to be reset to the bluetooth when it comes back up. I very much enjoy being able to adjust my "moonlight" settings and lengths as I work 7-5 right now I only see them at night most days. I did have a longer "moonlight" setting but it was adding algae with that low light for 2 hours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run a Fluval 3.0 on a 75 gallon. Here are mostly the charts I used to make this decision. This first one is a third party doing PAR tests on a Fluval 3.0 and a Finnex.

View attachment 1027044

This is what Finnex sent a customer.
View attachment 1027045

What I took from these and other readings online is that Fluval 3.0 has higher wattage => higher PAR and larger depths. That was all I wanted at the time.

I run one Fluval 3.0 at these settings.

View attachment 1027046

This was adjusted from the original PRO setting on the Fluval 3.0 for my personal viewing preferences and also brought down because of algae growth.

This is what it looks like, unfortunately This photo is not the current way it looks, this is probably the Original Pro settings on the Fluval 3.0

View attachment 1027047

I like this light, it was a little more than the Finnex and other options but I am glad I have more room to increase light if I need. Plus the bluetooth feature is very nice, power outages still need to be reset to the bluetooth when it comes back up. I very much enjoy being able to adjust my "moonlight" settings and lengths as I work 7-5 right now I only see them at night most days. I did have a longer "moonlight" setting but it was adding algae with that low light for 2 hours.

thank you that’s really helpful!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I am running 2 of the finnex ALC's on my 75 gal. to make sure I have enough spread, and they pump the par. I had to reduce the max. setting down by 20%.

The fixtures do come with some annoyances, I would love to have more control over the photoperiod. they can be programed by 3 hour blocks. They smoothy transition from one block to the next. I really like them in spite of that though. You can ignore the blueish background, I have some low power strip led's to add give the tank some indirect lighting for ambiance lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running 2 of the finnex ALC's on my 75 gal. to make sure I have enough spread, and they pump the par. I had to reduce the max. setting down by 20%.

The fixtures do come with some annoyances, I would love to have more control over the photoperiod. they can be programed by 3 hour blocks. They smoothy transition from one block to the next. I really like them in spite of that though. You can ignore the blueish background, I have some low power strip led's to add give the tank some indirect lighting for ambiance lol

Beautiful I think i found what I need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.