Votes: 17 21.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be neat to see the trend of who are interested in fish and aquatic plants. If you have the time, fill out the poll.
thanks

i'll do another one for age group.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
It's a non-relationship, non-gossip, internet forum... what do you expect?
So girls can't be intrested in anything other that what color angelina jolies nails are today?

I'm a little surprised by the lack of women as well, there need to be more girls in this hobby.

·
Registered
450 Posts
So girls can't be intrested in anything other that what color angelina jolies nails are today?

I'm a little surprised by the lack of women as well, there need to be more girls in this hobby.
Girls can and should, but when it comes to the internet... most girls just aren't into things that don't revolve drunk celebrities, facebook, and relationship advice

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just think it's the guys with too much time on their hands = aquariums
They do say it is therapeutic as well...and guys probably do have more issues than women that they don't have an outlet for...just a thought :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
This is starting to get a bit sexist, so let's keep on topic and try to refrain from offending comments ;)?

Though I'm sure after a few days of people logging into the site and checking the lounge, the numbers may even out a bit, so it's no so much of a land slide :]. It's only been a few hours since it got posted, right :p?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Though I'm sure after a few days of people logging into the site and checking the lounge, the numbers may even out a bit, so it's no so much of a land slide :]. It's only been a few hours since it got posted, right :p?
Actually, I'm pretty sure that guys outnumber gals on this site.

Why, and by what proportion, I've no idea- so I'm following these polls with quite a bit of curiousity.

Right now we're 4:1. I'm curious to see if that trend continues. It wouldn't surprise me...

·
Registered
183 Posts
It will be a landslide on the male side if people are honest. My name is Dana but I am a male btw. My wife loves the pretty plants and fish but she would never put the required effort into a "fish tank". Please forgive me I do not intend any offense but she is more interested in the bathroom colors matching and the current season of ANTM than wether or not the co2 is 10ppm or 35ppm.

IMHO, The OP started a thread that was almost certain to become sexist.

Much love though. We are who we are...

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Maybe men don't want to buy books on aquatic plants, so they go online looking for answers for free, and stumble across the forums/ get hooked and spend all of their time/ life/ energy on them.
Women just buy the book.
Maybe? Best I could come up with.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.