The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,937 Posts
Since this has nothing to do with planted tanks, I've moved the thread to the Lounge.

Pet Guide (Vertical Scope, which owns the forum) had an app for several years but let it sunset (I think?) because it's already easy to access forums like this on your phone. I see the appeal but real talk: just use the website. Create a shortcut on your screen if it's too much hassle to use a web browser - which already exists on your phone. Pretty much every app that's been available is just accessing the website, anyway.

Note that Tapatalk is third-party, so it's not something you can get support with anyway. We also routinely block Tapatalk and other apps that just strip/re-serve the site from accessing certain areas of the forum.

The current software being used for the forum works exceptionally well on both iOS and Android and doesn't act as a data hog. I don't think there's not a ton that could be improved. What is it you're having difficulty accomplishing on mobile? Or what's annoying/complicated? It's been great for me on S20, Moto G Power, iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 12 Pro Max. Looks almost identical to the forum on desktop. Even on my older devices.

Is there an issue with too many ads? I don't see that much because I have a paid account, which is why I ask.

The old software was hot garbage on mobile, though. Flaming, hot garbage.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I go through my chrome browser to get here on my phone. I don't have a computer lol

Since this has nothing to do with planted tanks, I've moved the thread to the Lounge.

Pet Guide (Vertical Scope, which owns the forum) had an app for several years but let it sunset (I think?) because it's already easy to access forums like this on your phone. I see the appeal but real talk: just use the website. Create a shortcut on your screen if it's too much hassle to use a web browser - which already exists on your phone. Pretty much every app that's been available is just accessing the website, anyway.

Note that Tapatalk is third-party, so it's not something you can get support with anyway. We also routinely block Tapatalk and other apps that just strip/re-serve the site from accessing certain areas of the forum.

The current software being used for the forum works exceptionally well on both iOS and Android and doesn't act as a data hog. I don't think there's not a ton that could be improved. What is it you're having difficulty accomplishing on mobile? Or what's annoying/complicated? It's been great for me on S20, Moto G Power, iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 12 Pro Max. Looks almost identical to the forum on desktop. Even on my older devices.

Is there an issue with too many ads? I don't see that much because I have a paid account, which is why I ask.

The old software was hot garbage on mobile, though. Flaming, hot garbage.
I am a free member and there's hardly any ads. No pop ups, just a couple here and there between posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.