The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I ever posted my river tank on here.... so take a peek.

First month.

Last fall

I have just done a major prunning and rescape and will post new pictures soon.

If you want to see the whole progress check this link - River Tank

Cheers, Whitepine

·
Registered
862 Posts
Very Cool!
How do you create a river like current in there?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
oh i remember this tank from WAY back int he day. wasnt it posted on planetcatfish as a goldnugget breeding tank? you have UFG plates hooked up with poerheads under the gravel to create current in different levels of the water column?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow, you've got a sweet tank. Your crypts are growing well, are you using some sort of root tabs for these plants? Are you using CO2 as well?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh i remember this tank from WAY back int he day. wasnt it posted on planetcatfish as a goldnugget breeding tank? you have UFG plates hooked up with poerheads under the gravel to create current in different levels of the water column?
You got it right.... but I changed out the power heads for a sinlge large pump(1200 ghr) and swapped out the canister filter for a eheim pro II.

The tank use to have pressurized co2, but I was going through a lot of co2 with all the turbulance and the venturi device I had hooked up on a extra power head. This tank has been up and running for about 3 years.

Cheers, Whitepine

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice.. lots of rocks to cover up the unplanted areas, and with that strong current like just in a river.

I think I might know a fish that suits the tank, does eats algae and require such setup to stay alive. Try Borneo suckerfish.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Reminds me of the under gravel river manifold people were constructing on loachesonline.com.

Looks nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts